Saturday, September 19, 2009

Huge Recap Part 1!

Well, where to start.. I forgot- well, really, I just chose not to- blog the whole summer, and now school has started! So here's my recap of the past few months. The only problem is that I can't remember much of what I did.. I even laid in bed thinking of things to write about, but sleep has left me with nothing..

I am not positive when exactly this happened, but at one point this summer my grandma from California came to town! It had been over a year since we've seen her last. If you don't know the story with my grandma, the number one thing you should know is that we call her California after her home state. "Why?" you might ask? Well, it's been that way since before I can remember, and it just stuck! Also, before my mom and step dad Manuel decided to have a abnormal amount of children, (It was originally me, and Manuel's daughter from his past relationship Elena.) the four of us used to go to California every summer to visit! (You should know that before my mom and dad split, the three of us went every summer too. At least, this is what I'm told.) This meant we got spoiled by our grandparents and of course a trip to Disneyland! My great-grandma is still alive too, she's in the 90's by now I believe. We call her grandma "whoopie." Actually, I didn't used to but my little siblings met her when she was already pretty old and she walks around the house going "whoopie whoopie!" and "going to the beachie weachie?!" and other strange but funny things. Anyways, I digress. So, grandma California came to town and we didn't really do a whole lot. But, the Paramore/No Doubt concert was during that week and of course my mom and Manuel got to go! I so wanted to go, but I guess Gabi and I were too lazy to buy tickets. (At least my mom bought me a poster!) California and I babysat all of my siblings plus Daxton, since Manuel's sister Victoria went to the concert also (Dax is her son, if you didn't get that part.) This reminds me! Victoria and Dax were in town and guess whose room they stayed in? Mine! This meant the couch for me. Fun stuff. Not! I couldn't go in my room to even grab a book or anything. It was torture! But I'm a generous person so I share... I really can't think of anything else that happened during this visit, so there must not have been anything worth talking about.

The next major part of my summer that I can recollect would be my camping trip! I, like the past few years, went with my buddy Joey, his dad Pat, his brother Ben, and a couple of Ben's friends to Priest Lake. This is close to the border of Washington and Idaho. I'm not so good with a map, but I know that much. We originally planned to use a friend's cabin this year, but last minute changes meant the usual tent! This wasn't too bad since we got a camping spot pretty much on the water. The closest spot I've ever gotten! It was a blast being able to walk out of your tent and go a few feet to go swim in the lake! (Swimming is sure something I did a lot of! Even though Elizabeth said "ew, lake water." Haha) The only down side, well not the only.. but the worse, of sleeping in a tent was that I had a rock or twig of some sort every night going into my back! Grr, that was annoying. But I stayed strong! Hehe. Joey's grandparents live by the lake and they have a boat. So we got a boat ride all of the lake and we found the perfect swimming spot. Keep in mind, this is a huge lake. His grandparents have come here every summer of their whole life (or close to it)! So they know of every swimming area and camping spot. We also made a lot of trips to the local store Tamrak to buy ice cream! This ice cream was BOMB! I'm not sure what makes it so good, but apparently "everything tastes better at the lake." My favorite flavor was espresso.. something-or-rather. I don't even drink coffee, but it was delicious! Anyways, the whole trip was the usual BLAST! May not sound like it, but you had to be there.

Well, I'll stop here for now. But there is plenty more to blog about! Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments: